Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes

Greetings, earthlings.

Yesterday was a complete sugar bomb of a day, as I stated yesterday.

I rounded out the day with a lovely dinner at Beauty & Essex, a super swanky downtown restaurant that looks like a jewelry store when you enter. The food was served tapas style and we ordered a little of everything: a few bruschetta-type apps, a grilled cheese and tomato dish, ahi tuna carpaccio, grilled shrimp, roasted veggies, chicken meatballs, onion rings, ravioli, and ice cream and bread pudding for dessert.







This was the birthday cupcake the restaurant gave me. Too bad I'd already consumed an embarrassing number of birthday cupcakes yesterday. I had no desire for another one at that point.









My aunt also sent me a basket full of gluten free (but not sugar or guilt free, unfortunately) goodies, see below:


This morning, I woke very groggily at 6am and readied myself to run. My wonderful CrossFit Endurance coach, Heidi, created a half marathon training schedule just for me and today was a 45 minute easy run. It's much more difficult to bound out of bed after a) weighing myself down with sugar and processed food and b) staying out 'til all hours of the night (or, if you're an old lady like me, 10pm).

Despite my debauchery yesterday, I did get a 3 mile run in, so that's good. I had some fruit salad and a banana with peanut butter for breakfast. The only problem with waiting until I get to work to eat (like today) is that I then have to rely on whatever I either have or can get from work. Banana was easy. The peanut butter was the gross sugary kind. Note to self: buy your own peanut/almond butter.

No other eats as of right now. Will update later. Thanks for reading and have fun being bad.

-t

No comments:

Post a Comment