Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Staples

It's officially summer! Yay!

After what felt like an eternity of a cold, windy, rainy winter, I am happy to say I can bury my puffy jacket in the back of my closet for the next several months. And make me some tuna salad!

I haven't made this in a while because it just tastes like spring/summer. All winter, all I wanted was hot food and warm drinks to defrost my bones. But, I've missed my tuna!

 Tuna salad is a staple.


It's cheap, easy, & delicious.

Unless you don't like tuna. Or fish.

If you don't fall into that category, read on.

This is one of my favorite summer eats because it's so easy. No cook recipes are a lazy girl's best friend. All you need for this is a bowl, a knife, and a spoon. If you've ever uttered the words, "I don't have time to prepare for the week," this recipe is for you.

Tiff's Fruity Tuna


2-3 cans tuna (in water, not oil), drained
3-4 tbsp mayo (or greek yogurt, if you prefer)
3-4 tbsp mustard
1/2 cup grapes, halved
1/4 cup walunts, chopped
salt & pep to taste
hefty squirt of lemon juice

Directions: 
1. Put it all in a bowl
2. Mix
3. Eat
Note:  I would add the mayo/mustard one tbsp at a time to make sure you get the consistency you like. I don't like mine super sloppy, so I tend to go lighter on the mayo. But it's up to you. 


Until next time, have fun being bad.

-t


No comments:

Post a Comment