Monday, April 22, 2013

SMORGASBURG.

If you live in the tri-state area or are visiting at all this summer, make sure you experience Smorgasburg. Your taste buds will thank me. Your scale will not, however. Don't weigh yourself for a few days after. It could get ugly.


I'm not the only one who's jumping on the Smorgasburg train, obviously.

Our plan of attack was to do one loop and then, on our second pass, pick what we were going to eat. 

That didn't happen.

We made it almost halfway around the loop before we made our choices. I didn't get pictures of EVERYTHING because, honestly, we ate a lot of it too quickly.







 The boys started off with sliders.






 My boy topped his with some onion. I didn't partake in this, but it looked delightful.







 And messy.




 We followed this up with french fries. 

I. Love. French Fries.

Especially mega crispy ones like this. 

We got halfway through them before someone reminded me that I hadn't taken a picture yet.



 I followed those up with an "arepa." I put that in quotes because my understanding of an arepa is very different from what I got.

Arepas are typically grilled corn pockets stuffed with meat and/or cheese and they are AMAZING.

But, this was good too. It was a fried corn cake with chicken, arugula, cheese, salsa, and salsa verde on top.













I obviously had no qualms about stuffing it in my face.



While the boys got milkshakes, I got vegan ice cream from Alchemy Creamery.

I chose Dark Chocolate Chili with freshly toasted marshmallows atop.

Yeah, that guy's toasting my marshmallows.

Sexy.





The finished product.

This was spicy as shit, so I didn't finish the whole thing.

But I definitely made a commendable effort.

The mallows were bananas.






We waited in a very long line for a pulled pork slider.

It was worth it.



Our lovely friends shared a homemade s'more to round out the whole gluttonous experience.

The folks at S'more Bakery have an extensive menu (extensive considering we're talking about s'mores) of homemade s'mores.

The chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers are all homemade and DELISH.







 I didn't get one picture of the thing not being eaten because our friends just couldn't help themselves.

Dig in, friends. I would.








But, we didn't leave empty-handed! We took goodies home!







 You've never had kale chips like these. 

I took home the Raisin Coconut because I always choose the sweet, dessert option, but The Kale Factory has tons of options and they're all lovely.








 

 
 Right before we left, I made sure to make two important stops.

The 3 Nuts make some yummy nut butters that I was eager to try. They add a few too many ingredients for my liking, but I figured it would be nice for a treat.

My last stop of the day was at Danny Macaroons.

They have the coolest flavors so, I picked up a few to go (Stout, Guava, & Salted Caramel). No pics of those yet. I will definitely be sharing when I recover enough to eat them!

Smorgasburg reminds me of that huge room in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory where everything is edible. You really want to eat everything, but there's only so much stomach real estate. You know what I mean? I plan on Smorgasburging regularly this summer. You should pencil it in.




No comments:

Post a Comment