Thursday, April 25, 2013

Why I'm a bad, bad girl

I just updated my blog font since a reader told me it was hard to read. The only problem is, now all my previous posts look a lil crazy. But, I'm a lazy lady and will not be going back to edit every post. So, sorry for not being sorry.

A few people have asked me why the title of my blog is "Bad Girl Eats." There are so many reasons, I decided to list them.






  
1. I know what I should eat to be optimally healthy, but I don't always do that.













2. I have to make a conscious effort to not insert sweets or dessert into every meal of the day. Some days I'm successful, some days I'm not.






  






3. I am like a bottomless pit when it comes to pancakes. It's a real problem. It's like I just never get full. I wish I was like that with spinach.













4. I really like baked goods. Like, really. I like making real food too, but I could eat brownies, cookies, bars, muffins, and breads all day.







I just.







Can't.







 Stop.














5. My mood and overall countenance peaks when I'm consuming either ice cream (usually dairy-free, but not always...)






...or chocolate.

On the rare occasion that I get both + peanut butter, I am in a STATE OF BLISS.











 6. I will 100% compromise my gluten-, dairy-, and sugar-free ways for the right dessert.

Bread, pasta, and mac 'n cheese have no effect on me.

But chocolate pecan pie? 

Gimme a spoon.












7. I'm fairly certain I couldn't go a day without a hefty serving of peanut or almond butter.





8. I'm trying to rid myself of the notion that small goodies that fit in the palm of my hand are calorie free.

While I know this to be totally untrue, if there are M&M's...










...or ginger chews in the vicinity, they're getting eaten in massive quantities.

My point in telling you this is to demonstrate that "bad" foods can be a part of a "good" diet.

Everyone has bad habits they want to work on, but that doesn't qualify them as part of the unhealthy persons club. Unless that habit is hurting you or others, your guilty pleasures can still be a part of a health-conscious, happy, sustainable lifestyle.

The point of this blog is to show all of you out in the blogosphere that there's no universal, nutritional line between what's "good" and what's "bad."

What is truly bad is being unhappy with your life or your self. 

So, here I am, admitting to the world that this healthy, no sugar, no gluten or dairy, anti-processed food blogger and foodie is, in fact, a "bad" girl with "bad" habits.

And it feels DAMN GOOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment