Friday, May 3, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Muffs

As promised, I have a recipe to share. I made these goodies in preparation for my half marathon. Since I've gotten used to fueling up for long runs with oatmeal, I wanted to bring my own pre-race food and not have to rely on hotel grub. These were the perfect solution and my family loved them as well!

I used this recipe, but I halved it because I knew we didn't need many. I also used a little less than 1/2 cup of maple syrup. I knew I was going to make flavors and I didn't want them to be super sweet. I made four of each flavor: banana nut, pb&j, and blueberry chocolate chip.








I filled the muffin tin with a few spoonfuls of batter, put some fillings in, then covered it with more batter.

I did this mainly so I didn't have to bring peanut butter along separately...it was already baked in!






Since I didn't have an extra muffin tin, I made some little mini muffins and topped them with leftover nanner slices and peanut butter and raisins.






I topped the banana nut muffs with walnuts, the pb&j with raisins, and the blueberry chocolate with chocolate chips so I could tell the flavors apart.




Needless to say, these were a huge success. They were incredibly easy to make and even easier to heat, eat, and enjoy.

The blueberries almost completely melted in the middle so I could hardly tell what was blueberry and what was chocolate. A problem I DID NOT mind having.







You can hardly see the banana filling, but the taste was perfect!







Of course, the pb&j was my ultimate favorite, but...no surprises there...


Make these and let me know your thoughts. I finished my batch this morning, so I'll need to make more--STAT! If you think of any other flavors, please share!




No comments:

Post a Comment