Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Smoked Salmon, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata

Is frittata the correct word for this? I'm honestly not sure, but it's my blog so I DO WHAT I WANT.

I may or may not have a frittata addiction. They're just so easy and tasty and awesome...I can't help it. I made a frittata for Mother's Day Brunch a few weekends ago and decided I needed to have a lil fun with the next one.

So, I put my thinking cap on and out popped an idea for the following recipe.




Smoked Salmon, Kale, and Goat Cheese Frittata


Ingredients:

8 eggs (or 4 eggs & 8 whites)
2 cups kale, washed & cut
1-2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2 oz smoked salmon
1-2 oz goat cheese
salt&pepp






Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Sauté kale in oil until it's dark green and wilty
3. Spray a 9-inch round pan or an 8x8 square one with oil
4. Crack and whisk eggs in separate bowl, set aside
5. Layer sautéed kale along the bottom of your pan and evenly dump your eggs on top
6. Lay salmon on top and then plop little pieces of goat cheese evenly all over the surface of your egg mixture.
7. Bake that bitch for about 30-40 minutes.
8. Once the egg is solid in the middle (not runny), take it out, let it cool, and cut it up.

Either eat warm or let cool and store in the refrigerator for a quick lunch/dinner/snack.









I enjoyed two pieces of this for lunch the other day and it was awesome.

I went the half egg whites route and would suggest (if you plan on doing the same) seasoning the whole thing with more salt&pepp than you'd think.

Egg whites don't have a TON of flavor, so seasoning helps. Or, if you're feeling mighty fancy, you can use an herbed goat cheese. That would be bombtastic.









Bombtastic is not a word. But, you should know by my treatment of the frittata controversy that I don't care much because I'm my own boss.

Well, at least here I am.

Enjoy this and share your results!


No comments:

Post a Comment